12/10/08

Loretta

We have another completed interview via Sonja, one of our speech therapists. This one is with iXpress artist Loretta here is what she had to say:

1. How long have you been working with iXpress?
Since I came to Brock almost three years ago.

2. Why do you make art?
It keeps my mind off of things that bother me. I think about the art instead.

3. How do you feel when you’re working?
Happy. It makes me think about happy things. Also, I can get my frustrations out.
Sometimes I get excited, too
.

4. What would you change about iXpress if you could?
I would like more help to be careful and not make mistakes about how I (use colors) and about fixing mistakes. I ask Jody, “What color should I use here?” and she tells me I should figure it out. She might bring me three colors and tell me to mix them until they look like I think they should.

5. As an artist what is your most important message to get across to your audience?
I like to do my own work. I can do it but it’s going to take me a little while. I worked hard at it. I want you appreciate me for who I am.





No comments: